Me & the Family

Me & the Family

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Back to Basics

It's been a LONG week...it's been going since Christmas! It's been a week that has lasted for 6 weeks!

I was excited this morning to get up and go to work, so that I could rest!!! Yesterday I wrapped up the last of the family birthday parties. Izzy's birthday was yesterday! I finished three birthdays in four week...each with an attendance of 18 adults and 5 children. The family over for dinner "tradition" started 4 years ago. Tommy and the kids get to pick out what they want for dinner, what kind of cake...and I make it and have everyone over! It's a lot of fun but a lot of work. At the end of the four week marathon I am hanging on by a thread. Krista has been my life preserver this year. (THANK YOU KRISTA!!!)

Now that the birthdays are officially OVER it's time to get caught up. I am going to get the Christmas stuff PUT AWAY this week, the laundry done and my bedroom (can I even call it that???) cleaned! There are so many things that have been thrown aside since Christmas that are just piled up waiting for my attention! It's times like this that I wish I was married to a good woman who could take care of all these things for me (hahahahaha!) or just have enough money for a maid!

As I have mentioned in previous blogs...with the ending of Casa Del Rey in our sights I have continued to have faith that God has a plan and I am not going to worry about the future.

Matthew 6:31-34
"So don't worry about these things, saying, 'What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?' These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today."


These words are inscribed on my heart. I know that they are the truth. Yet, even when I have complete faith I begin to worry. As I looked at my calendar today and began to fill it in with this event/that event I began to say...I wonder if I can go on vacation on such and such week? It then dawned on me that I cannot plot out this year. I can't say we'll take a vacation this year. I do not know what will be going on in July. Will Tommy have a job? If he does, will he have vacation time? Will we have weekends together? Will we have less of an income? Do I need to adjust the way I've been spending money??????????????

Why am I stressing about things that I cannot control or see? Although I have faith I am falling into another trap...

James 4:13-15
"Look here, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we are going to a certain town and will stay there a year. We will do business there and make a profit." How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow? Your life is like the morning fog—it's here a little while, then it's gone. What you ought to say is, "If the Lord wants us to, we will live and do this or that."


I must take it one day at a time. Each day presents itself with opportunities to help others, grow spiritually and do what is right. I must maintain a righteous path...

Hosea 14:8-9
"O Israel, stay away from idols!

I am the one who answers your prayers and cares for you.
I am like a tree that is always green;
all your fruit comes from me."

Let those who are wise understand these things.
Let those with discernment listen carefully.
The paths of the Lord are true and right,
and righteous people live by walking in them.
But in those paths sinners stumble and fall."

Even as I read the verse...I had to stare at the last sentence...

"...But in those paths sinners stumble and fall."

If I had a dollar for every time I have fallen off the path and began meandering where I shouldn't. Remember, we are ALL sinners! It's not easy. Trying to stay focused is not easy. As my preacher said it on Sunday...it's hard for us to just focus on what he was preaching for 30 minutes! How easy is it to loose our focus from hour to hour, day to day, week to week...

Faith is what we believe in. It is deep within us. It shapes who we are. Our faith in Jesus is what saves us. Because we have that faith we must trust his word ~ every word. I cannot fret over what tomorrow will bring. I know that God will bless me as He always has and I believe he always will. But with that faith I must be obedient to how he wants me to live.

A righteous life.

Even though I stumble and I fall...I must get back up and try again. I must try and face my stumbling blocks and still stand. For me the stumbling part always seems fun...at the time. It's not until later that I realize what I did or how it may have been displeasing to God. How just lack of sleep affects my spiritual walk. If I've been staying up too late watching tv...I don't have the energy to crack my Bible open and spend some quality time with The Maker.

This week...my goal is that through my FAITH I will walk a righteous path pleasing to God. I believe that as I refocus my life...my daily walk, I will be able to gain control over the things that I have laid aside. Procrastination is not on the righteous path! But, with Christ I can do all things!!!!!

No comments: