Me & the Family

Me & the Family

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Welcome Home!

Today marks a very special day in my life.  My niece Audrey was born today!  My sister-in-law had several days of labor to try and get that little butterball out, but out she finally came at 1am!



Audrey has been wanted for a while.  As soon as my brother-in-law was married I was ready to be an auntie again.  My nieces and nephews are older than my own kids...who are 12, 13 & 14.  I am ready for another little baby in my life to spoil.  

We went on vacation last year and when they arrived on Saturday night they arrived with EXCITING NEWS - they were pregnant!  Oh my joy was overflowing!  I was going to have a sweet little something.

As soon as I had a moment I sent a text to both of my sisters.  Oh, they were excited and happy for them.  I consider my bro-n-law and sis-n-law as my real brother and sister.  I love them very deeply and my sisters new that.  :)  That was the last text/conversation that I had with Amy...she died that Friday.  The cancer had completed it's task.

I was so thankful that I had the joy of becoming an aunt again at the point that I was losing my sister.  It has helped me to know joy when I could have wallowed in pain.  Instead I held on even more to my sister-in-law who was there when I got the news of Amy's passing...she watched me cry, she watched me finish making dinner for the family.  Judy has been there when our daughter Maria first came to visit us and when she officially became our daughter.  Judy came just in time to experience all of these life changing events with me (us).

Now I get to experience this life changing event with her. I am so blessed to have them in my life.  I am so blessed to have this sweet little niece.  

Its just a new beginning.  
I completion of the life cycle from death, pregnancy to birth.  

Such a whirlwind of emotions I have felt over the past few years: joy, sadness, regret, fear...such big things I have tackled in my life and such great gifts God has blessed me with all at the same time.  I truly am blessed.

Little Audrey.
I love you.
I celebrate you.
I am here for you...all the days I have on this Earth.
I pray for you.
Every day.

Love,
Aunt Bubba <3

No comments: