Me & the Family

Me & the Family

Friday, March 4, 2011

Who ARE you?

I am real.
Completely.
Totally.
Unfortunately.


You see, it is true that I write about the things in my life that I feel pressing on my heart.  These things that I stumble across are usually at the moment that I have realized I am completely lacking in that area.


I do not write these things about OTHER PEOPLE...but rather about myself.  I am a Christ follower.  What does that mean?  Well other than all of the stuff that I have a feeling most of you know...it means that I recognize that I am not good enough to be loved by a flawless God.  I believe that there is only one way to get to heaven...and that's by accepting this truth.


Some people think that Christians are haughty because they we believe we are going to heaven.  Honestly, in the end...I don't know who's going to be there.  Only based on the truths that I believe within the depths of me has I walked down this path.


And this path is NOT easy.
Being a Christian?  
It's not easy!


I live the same life as everyone else.  Same problems...I just have the reassurance that no matter what happens - God has a plan.  That takes my stress level from a 10 to about a 2.  I wish I could say that I never worry...but worry a lot less than non-Christians that I know.  


My best...is not good enough.


Do you know the verse "We are all infected and impure with sin. When we display our righteous deeds, they are nothing but filthy rags. Like autumn leaves, we wither and fall, and our sins sweep us away like the wind."  The translation of filthy rags actually refers to menstrual rags.  You know...a used tampon?  That's as good as our BEST is to God...in comparison to his perfection.


Do you feel a little humbled by that?
I know I do.
a LOT.


***********


That being said - I feel like a waste of space today!  


I'm tired.  
Drained.  
Exhausted.


My bought of worrying yesterday (which is so dumb) set me into a state of exhaustion today. Now, a day that I need to prepare for a birthday and the very soon birth of my niece and I am just sitting here.


Very overwhelmed.
and very tired.


You see? 
I'm completely human.
I completely suck often.


*************


Tell me about YOU!!!!

No comments: