Me & the Family

Me & the Family

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Am I really Brittany Spears?


Note:  I do wear underwear.

My fellow blogger friend, Stephanie, just wrote the following blog Revisiting High School and my comment about it made my head start spinning.

Thus a blog needed to be written.

I moved BACK to Northern Virginia the summer before my freshman year in high school.  It was a different county then I lived in before, and I was coming from WV.  West Virginia was a five year stint due to my father working for the government.  I was angry after leaving the boy that I was SURE would one day be my husband.

Teenagers are so dumb.
I should know. 
I have one.

Any ways...

I met my best friend Shannon the first day of school.  Shannon had a great self esteem and would talk to any one.  I, on the other hand, was very quiet.  Shannon would speak to anyone in any group: cheerleaders, football players and nerds alike.

Over the next three years of high school she dated some of these football players and for the most part I stayed in the background.  I did not realize my own beauty: internally or externally.  My junior year we started to hang out with a bunch of people that I guessyou could say were popular?  They were more of the party crowd and not the cheerleader/football player crowd.

Does that even make sense?

The quiet me was able to tap into a more confident, beer chugging kinda-girl.

Does this mean that I became a Paris Hilton?
Or even worse...

a Brittany Spears or Lindsay Lohan?

Photobucket

Oh please.  
Tell me NO!

Even though I was there...flirting, laughing at vulgar jokes...I was NOT there farting and burping. I had a friend who did/does that.

Gross.

Photobucket

As oddly as it sounds, even when I was a drinking fool trying to keep up with all of my guy friends they would still look at me and say, "You are the one who will be barefoot and pregnant."  

What kind of signals was I sending out?
At the age of 17?  

I did end up getting married at 20.  Had two kids right away.

But who was I?

Brittany Spears was a good-girl gone party girl.  Paris Hilton was a stuck-up girl.  Lindsay Lohan was the girl with the completely screwed up childhood. 

Photobucket 

Is it possible that Audrey Hepburn could have had a party girl side to her?  And still be Audrey?  Or does that make me one of THOSE girls?

And after I question which one I WAS...and come to the realization that I'm closer to a Brittany Spears...

Which one were you?

No comments: