Me & the Family

Me & the Family

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A day at the park.


You all know that I have dogs.  Or at least MOST of you know that I have two dogs.  I have a poodle named Bear that can barely be called a dog AND I have a goldendoodle (golden retriever & poodle) named Duke.

Duke is 1-1/2 years old.
Approximately 70lbs.
Neutered.

Photobucket



Bear is 7 years old.
Approximately 10lbs.
All original parts.

Photobucket

The above picture was taken at the doggy park.  We found the doggy park the other day and decided that it would be good for both of them to go there.  The big dogs are separated from the little dogs so that there is a "safe" environment for all.

It makes sense.

Bear, who could be renamed Sir Humpsalot, was disturbed when a jack russell terrier began to hump him.  He was like, "wtf?!!!"  I switched sides to check on Duke, noticing that Bear followed me to the fence to watch us.  

Duke would not approach the other dogs.  In fact, he would not do any thing.  I tried to get him to play with his ball and he could not do it.  I tried to get him to say hello to the other dogs and he wouldn't.  If another dog approached he would hide behind my legs.

My husband was getting irritated.
It was my fault that I created a gay dog.

We had my son try to get him in the mix with the other dogs...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Nothing was working...

And then the hubby said to bring Bear in.  Now as you can tell from the pictures, Bear is REALLY little.  The dogs that were in there were HUGE: chows, golden retrievers, rottweilers, german shepards, siberian huskies...you get the drift.  There were no midget poodles running around.

Except for ours.

When Bear came through the gate it was as if he had finally been put in the right area!  He began to have a lively step and held his head up high!

And Duke!

Duke ran up to Bear and was his sidekick for a good 10 minutes.  Then they split up and Duke began to interact with the other dogs.

And then we realized that Bear thinks he's a big dog and Duke thinks he's a little dog.  Short and scrawny Bear is the alpha male dog in our home.  Apparently little balls are greater then no balls.

In the following video Duke made sure he was out of Bear's way in case he bullied him.  Bear is a bit of a bully.  Apparently he has short man syndrome.


But those that know Duke would agree...
he's a sweetheart.
Even if he pee's on you!

Photobucket  

******

Any funny pet stories????

No comments: