Me & the Family

Me & the Family

Friday, February 12, 2010

My life FLASHED before my eyes!


Photobucket

It's hard to believe that today I turned 43.  It seems like just yesterday my oldest was turning 13 years old.  It is not one of the monumental birthdays like 40 was, but it is a reminder of the past decade.

A decade.

I find it amazing at how many things can be shoved into a small space of time.  I am sure that my kids would say I am old for saying that.  To them a decade seems like an eternity.

I have seen and experienced a lot.

Tears are not as easily hidden any more from my life.  After experiencing a loss so close to home my perspective has completely altered.  Not a day goes by that I do not think about my sister.  My niece and nephew are doing well and in a few short weeks I'm going to be a great-aunt!  That thought alone rocks my world, knowing that my sister would be a grandma.

*sigh*

My kids.  

When I look back over the past ten years they have truly come a long way...and so have I.  I remember back then I was just trying to not beat them over the head with a frying pan.  They tested my patience on every level possible.  Countless conversations I had with my sisters at how stupid they became when they turned 12, and their constant reminders that it would last for a good four years.

They were right, of course.

They did grow out of it.  I now have a 21, 22 & 23 year old kids.  They do not like me to refer to them as kids, but they are.  Maria, my oldest, just graduated from college and is going back to finish up veterinary school.  Tony will be finishing up this year.  It will not be long and these kids will be getting married.

It is still hard to believe, looking at them, that I was married with two kids by the time I was their age.

Tommy finished up his degree nearly three years ago.  It seemed like a forever endeavor but he has been enjoying his family counseling ever since.  With his new partner he is also able to concentrate on his medical school classes and credits.  Won't be long and he'll be Dr. Tommy.

He can be my Doctor any day! 

Sorry. 
Visual.

That has been one of many nice things though that has happened over the past few years.  We get to just be married people in our own home.  No doors slamming.  No arguing.  Not that we do not miss our kids, but it sure is nice to experience what most couples experience their first few years.  

We get to be selfish!

Mini-vacations.
Cruises.
Vineyards.
Hotels.

Yes.  
These are the years I have waited for.

We get these little sneaks in between the jobs that we love.  It took a lot of work to get Divine Cuisine off the ground.  I thoroughly enjoyed the catering aspect for a time, but I am glad that all of my attention has moved to By The Pound.  Being on Food Network was like a dream come true, even if my pound cakes were in the spot light for only 15 minutes!  My pound cakes are STILL being shipped all over the USA!

If you haven't tried one you better call today and place your order!

I can't forget Duke.  
Remember Duke the Moose?

Photobucket

He's an old man now.  
He's 12 years old!  
My baby Goldendoodle.

Can someone PLEASE stop the stop-watch!!!

Well...

I am so glad that even though the years have past all of you blogging buddies are still here, wishing me a happy birthday!  I hold you all near and dear to my heart.

Well, I hate to be in a rush.  

They just opened the door.  I am glad I was able to ponder all this time before I did it!

Tommy just left so I gotta hurry up!  Here I go!!!!!!

Photobucket

Video blog next week!!!!

Much Love,
PJ




*******************


Stephanie gave me the You're Going Places, Baby award:




The rules with this award are:

1. Post where you would like to be in 10 years.

2. Pass it on to 10 other special Bloggers!

Jerri's Blog

Macenson Blog

Single Parent Dad

Unfortunately I am pretty new to Blogger...so if you want to do it...GO FOR IT!  Post your link below!  :)


1 comment:

Stephanie Faris said...

43! Happy birthday. And you're right...as we get older, we head into a phase of life that's more enjoyable. Traveling, doing the things WE want to do.